Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Recipe Round Up - Chocolate Pumpkin Balls






I have just recently started baking again. Mainly because Amelia loves to bake, and loves eating sweet things!!! I'm not sure why I stopped baking. Probably because their is a science to it (which I don't like) and involves some math (which I hate!) Like I've said before, I don't use recipes. And, when you bake it is very necessary to follow a recipe. When I went to culinary school, baking & pastry arts was originally my major (yes, you can even change in culinary school!). I first fell in love with baking when I worked at Erling Jensen's. I loved the creative process. I, however, don't really have a sweet tooth. Don't get me wrong, I like sweets, but there are a million other things I would rather eat. Well, this week Amelia and I made some delicious cake balls and I thought they were worth sharing!!

Chocolate Pumpkin Balls
1 box french vanilla cake mix
1 can pumpkin
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs

1 can cream cheese frosting

2 bags chocolate chips
1 T. vegetable oil
chocolate sprinkles

Mix the cake mix, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, water, vegetable oil, and eggs together. Bake in a 9 x 13 pan according to package directions.
Cool completely.
Crumble the cake with your hands in a large bowl and add the cream cheese frosting. Rolls mix into balls. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Put in the fridge for 3 hours.
When ready to dip, melt the chocolate and vegetable oil together over low heat. Rolls the balls in the chocolate and put on another parchment lined baking sheet. Scatter on sprinkles while the chocolate is still hot. ENJOY!!!





1 comment:

maribeth said...

so yummy! i can't wait to try these at home with the kids!